Arai RX-Q Helmet - Aluminum Silver
Your Price: $539.99
- The RX-Q has an evolved version of Arai's very popular Intermediate-Oval (IO) interior shape. Arai is the only company offering multiple interior-fit packages to better conform to consumers' head shape as well as size. Its interior fit shapes evolve and improve as company research recognizes trends based on consumer feedback. The RX-Q shape is similar to the current Corsair-V and Vector models, and the former RX-7 Corsair, but the RX-Q's shape represents a further refinement of interior shape configuration based on Arai's continual comparison, measurement and testing of human head shapes. Extremely wide peripheral view for better visibility and awareness of the world around you. The RX-Q uses the same new wider-eyeport SAI faceshield as the Corsair-V. Benefits are immediately realized both by racers and street riders alike, from an advantage over race competition, to an advantage in traffic.
- A new level of stability, quiet, and comfort in a road helmet.
- Arai's legendary, unrivaled comfort is improved even more. The RX-Q's new cheekpad design further improves overall helmet fit, comfort, and noise sealing. Its interior design is influenced by F-1 drivers, the most demanding of all for fit - the result is the RX-Q's newly-sculpted cheekpad shape cradles your head and provides an even better noise seal to aid interior quiet.
- Advanced Ventilation taken even further to combine more efficiency with even less interior noise. The ability to further refine proven designs to increase helmet performance proves that you don't have to reinvent the wheel to make substantial improvements. For example, the same number, position and similar styling of intake and exhaust ports, but here refined, combined and utilized to improve airflow and overall effect at road speeds.
- Smaller, more aerodynamic, hand-formed natural shell shape and size aids stability and stillness - not only in straight-line wind-tunnel stability, but it also minimizes the negative aerodynamic effect when turning your head to check traffic or in a cross wind. And it looks better on your head than other bigger, rounder balloon-style shell designs on the market.
- Uniquely-designed lower Hyper Ridge circles the shell bottom to improve strength and aerodynamics. It's also designed to lower the center-of-gravity for an exceptionally light feeling on your head. And a larger bottom opening makes for easier on-off without enlarging the helmet.
- New more aerodynamic upper and side exhaust vent cowling, sculpted to enhance stability while increasing exhaust efficiency. The side vent cowls are tailored to the needs and speeds of the street. Compared to the C-V, the Q's cowlings are larger and more aggressively styled, as lower street speeds require more surface area and a more refined shaping in order to deliver the increased stability. High speed performance is also excellent. Brand new, one piece bottom edge trim, gives an incredibly clean look by eliminating the need for seams. Admittedly not a major innovation, but still another example of Arai's unceasing attention to details and aesthetics.
- Arai's exceptional handmade craftsmanship, made to a higher standard of protection, comfort, and quality that's difficult to put a "price" on.