- Product Description
- Customer Reviews (7)
HJC IS-33 OPEN-FACE HELMET FEATURES:
Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell
- Lightweight,superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology
- Aerodynamic shell with large eyeport for greater visibility
- Impact absorbing,multi-density EPS liner
SunShield Visor System
- One-touch integrated smoke-tinted SunShield (PP #111/3335,855) deploys and retracts quickly and easily
ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System
- ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System provides flow-through ventilation
- Multi-stage intake vents and exhaust vents allow full front to back fresh airflow that flushes heat and humidity out of the helmet
- Moisture-wicking and odor-free interior with advanced SilverCool antibacterial fabric
- Comfortable,removable and washable
HJ-117J Shield and QuickSlide Shield Replacement System
- QuickSlide shield replacement system allows for quick,secure and tool-less shield removal and installation
- Optically correct face shield offers 95% UV protection
Nylon Strap Retention System
- Neatly secures chin strap
Customer Reviews (7)
Average Customer Rating:
Write a review and share your thoughts with others.
Reviewer: Mark (Lawrenceville, NJ) 10.6.2012
I have owned this helmet for a year and I consider it my "go-to" helmet. I have worn it for both short and long trips without any issues. The flip-down sun shield is awesome. I can leave my prescription sunglasses at home and ride with my regular glasses. Plus, darker sunshields are available at a decent price. The clear face shield gives ample wind protection and it's simple to remove if I want to have some open air riding behind my bike's windshield. Air vents let in ample cooling. Size seems true. Only minor negative is the slight wind noise that enters the helmet. Cheap ear plugs help this. I plan on buying the same helmet in another color very soon (White). Excellent helmet for the price.
Reviewer: Catherine (, ) 3.19.2012
The size seemed different then when I tried it on in several stores. The shield doesn't have sufficient aerodynamics to deflect wind from coming right up into my eyes.....along with debris. Also the sun visor does not come down far enough. hits right in the middle of line of vision.
Reviewer: Namcy (, ) 3.18.2012
Works well but could use a few improvements
This is my first helmet with a built in faceshield. Overall I like the fit, but the interior padding that touches the side of my head and cheeks is a bit tight. I was told they would loosen up eventually as I used it but after nearly a year it still is uncomfortable after a long days ride. The interior sun shield is easy to use but I wish it were darker and longer.