- Product Description
- Customer Reviews (3)
Made with high standards, the Shoei Qwest really delivers.Using input from the professionals, Shoei has fine-tuned their Shoei Qwest helmet so as to make it one of the best on the market. Stream-lined, stylish, and lightweight, the Shoei Qwest light silver helmet has it all. Particularly impressive is the venting on the Shoei Qwest which allows for optimal comfort, whether on short or long rides.
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel and professional riders feedback
- Dual Layer EPS liner enhances impact absorption and ventilation
- Five shell and six EPS liner sizes present increased fit options that help to comfortably fit most head sizes
- Molded air spoiler to reduce drag and lift as well as diminish weight pressure on the neck while riding at high speeds
- Upper Air Intake Vent is positioned to maximize air volume into the helmet interior
- Large upper intake vent positioned to maximize performance in high wind conditions
- Easy to operate large lower intake vent
- Lower air intake/defroster vent reduces shield fogging and increases ventilation
- The rear/neck outlets allow for effective air exhaust
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
- Lightweight Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+)
- High performance fiber materials are combined with extremely elastic organic fibers to create a shell structure that is ultra lightweight, rigid and resilient
- 3-D center pad and multi-layered, polyurethane foam cheek pads
- Cheek pads are replaceable or removable for maintenance
- Eyeglass compatible interior
- Neatly secures chin strap
- Q.R.S.A. (Quick-Release Self-Adjusting) base plate allows for tool-less shield removal and installation.
- The spring-loaded base plate (U.S. patent pending 11/799935) pulls the shield back to contact the window beading evenly and ensures a proper seal
- The CW-1, three-dimensionally curved shield is both wider and taller than the CX-1V it replaces
- Optional, CWF-1 two-dimensional Pinlock equipped racing shields with tear-off posts are available
- Scratch-resistant coating
- 99.9% protection from harmful UV A & B rays
- Optional, CW-1 Pinlock prepared shields are available to accommodate Pinlock Fog Free Inserts
- A pre-set lever can easily lock the shield in place to prevent the shield from opening unexpectedly, as well as prop the shield open to increase airflow
- Standards: Snell-M2010, DOT
- Construction: AIM+ (Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus Multi Fiber)
- Weight: 3.644 lbs / 1,653 grams (approx, for Size Medium Solid Color)
- Packaging: Individually wrapped, bagged and boxed, 6 per master carton
Customer Reviews (3)
Average Customer Rating:
Write a review and share your thoughts with others.
Reviewer: Marion (, ) 7.18.2012
As usual, Shoei was the best fit for my head. Very comfortable, light and quiet (size small). Got XS cheek pads to make fit perfect, easy to change. Ventilation is acceptable, not extraordinary. Some fogging occurs during cold mornings. Opening visor to the first position fixes that, but makes helmet more noisy. Not really noticeable with earplugs. My only gripe is with Shoei, not the helmet itself; why are the multicolored / painted helmets so expensive? I want visibility and a nice looking helmet, and not have to pay $500 for it! I added some flame decals on this one - looks pretty sharp.
Reviewer: Urgesteinwheelz (Santa Cruz, CA) 5.26.2011
Helmet meets my expectations based on reviews. Lots of room for communication device, quiet, lightweight and excellent peripheral field of view. As a GS rider the redesigned shape make a difference as far as wind noise is concerned when comparing to my Arai Vector.
Reviewer: Troy P. (West, TX) 5.24.2011
My Icon helmet was getting old so I replaced it with the Shoei Qwest. I thought the Icon fit well but the Shoei fits so much better. The Icon was an XL so I purchased the same size and the fit is perfect. The shield super clear with no distortion at all. The shield has multiple positions so I can leave it cracked open open a little when its very hot. With the shield closed it is very quiet. I am very pleased with this purchase.