- Product Description
- Customer Reviews (8)
The CL-MAX II modular helmet is Bluetooth ready, with an exterior module recess and interior speaker cavities. This helmet has an integrated recess cavity for the ChatterBox XBi2-H Bluetooth Wireless Intercom unit.
XBi2-H WIRELESS INTERCOM COMPATIBLE:
- Bluetooth unit sold separately
- BlueTooth® Ready with integrated recess & interior speaker cavities
- Built-in recess pocket with panel cover allows the XBi2-H unit to integrate with the CL-MAX II helmet, minimizing wind resistance and creating an ergonomic design
HJC CL-MAX 2 MODULAR HELMET FEATURES:
- Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell
- Includes adjustable polycarbonate chin bar
- Single-Button Chinbar/Faceshield Release
- Open with one hand, even with gloves on
- ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System
- Full front-to-back airflow flushes heat and humidity out of the interior
- Bioceramic Nylex Interior
- Anti-bacterial, removable and washable QuickSlide Shield Replacement System
- Quick, secure, tool-less removal and installation of HJ-17 shield
- Optically Superior Face Shield 95% UV protection
- Ready for Bluetooth Communication
- Bluetooth unit sold separately
- Standards: DOT-218
- Construction: Injection-Molded Thermoplastic shell with ABS / Polycarbonate Alloy chin bar
- Weight: 3.63 lbs / 1650 grams (approx, based on Size Medium Solid Color)
Customer Reviews (8)
Average Customer Rating:
Write a review and share your thoughts with others.
Reviewer: 04 Honda Shadow (LaGrange, Ga) 11.27.2012
overall a nice helmet
After searching for a flat black helmet that flips up this is the one I decided to go with, I ordered two these helmets, one for my wife and one for myself, and I must say they have been excellent so far. I have only had it for about a month but in GA the temp changes so dramatic this time of year I have ridden in weather in the low 30's as well as the mid 80's. On the coldest days my ears were toasty warm and only my nose got cold but that was cured by a neck gator. the helmet is to hot to wear if the temperature is anything above about 85 degrees unless you ride with it flipped up. The flip up action works well even with gloves on but its a little stiff pulling back down and that usually requires two hands which is not a big deal and I think it will loosen up a little over time. As far as durability goes it has held up well so far to daily use. The flat black looks awesome but does scratch easily, the little bag/cover thing they include protects it from scratches while not being used. I did use the size chart to decide which size to get and as someone mentioned in an earlier review the helmet is a little snug only on the sides of my chin. It fits well on the top of my head though and the more I wear it the more comfortable it gets. Overall its a good helmet for the money and I would recommend it to a friend.
Reviewer: Napoleon Alvarez (El Paso , Texas) 11.1.2012
As a first time buyer I am completely satisfied with this helmet, the weight is perfect, the response to the wind and the cold was also excellent, fast shipping and delivered with full owners information. Two of my friends purchased helmets from Helmet city after I got mine, great shop!!
Reviewer: Richard Alexander Routh (Miami, Florida) 8.14.2012
HJC helmet is great!
The helmet is amazing for the price almost no whistling what so ever. Modular feature is smooth works well, vents are great. I didn't buy the chatter box so I can't comment on how well that works (I wish I would have bought it for 40 dollars with the helmet instead of like 200 separately) The only complaint i could really make is the front mouth vent thing is kind of sensitive and tends to flip closed a lot instead of stay open like I want it to other than that everything about it is great and I got really good service as well.