- Product Description
- Customer Reviews (1)
- HELMET SHOWN WITH ACCESSORY SHIELD - CLEAR IS STANDARD.
- Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Engineered Shell: Quiet, aero-tuned design for wind-tunnel tested comfort. EPS-lined chin bar for additional protection.
- SpeedShiftTM quick-change shield system (patent pending): Easy, secure tool-less faceshield changes in ten seconds or less.
- EverClearTM no-fog faceshield: Optically-correct shield with state-of-the art fog-free technology and anti-scratch hardened coating.
- KwikWickTM moisture-wicking helmet liner and cheek pads: Breathable, easily removable and washable.
- Ventilation system: Adjustable, indexed front and rear vents with aero-tuned rear spoiler reduce lift, create vacuum and maximize airflow through helmet.
- Breath-deflector: Enhanced fog-free performance.
- Custom liner and cheek pad kits: Available in hot colors and wild patterns.
- Snell/DOT Certified. Size 3X DOT Certified Only.
Customer Reviews (1)
Average Customer Rating:
Write a review and share your thoughts with others.
Reviewer: Luke (San Antonio, TX) 2.22.2012
Excellent helmet, no matter the price
Firstly, I've owned this helmet for about 7 months. I wanted to wait to write a review, so as to review the helmet thoroughly. Secondly, I have a round head shape. Icon's, HJC's, and a few others crush the crown of my forehead, leaving a headache after prolonged use. The Scorpion doesn't. I noticed that it is very similar in size and comfort as the Shoei's. However, the size is about 1/2 too small -- meaning that if you wear a size medium, normally, then you'd have to get a large in Scorpion. This is what I did. It fits, but, if anything, is a tad on the large side -- not so much that it slips off or moves around. (I'm very particular, so I notice these small things.) The medium was definitely too small, as it caught my hair and pulled it out, as I pulled down the helmet. I know this because I tried on a similar EXO-400 at a local motorcycle store. I read some reviews about a "chocolate" smell coming from these helmets. When it was new, it had a unique smell. It just smelled like new plastic (which I actually liked), but I can see why some people relate it to chocolate. It went away after a month or so. The noise level is medium. It's more quiet than many other helmets I've owned (HJC, Bell, etc.), but it's not as quiet as a Shoei. I purchased the light smoke visor with it. I wear sunglasses, so the combination is perfect for bright daytime riding. At night, I take off my sunglasses. The smoked visor is fine at night, but I can't see (pun) how people can use the dark smoked visor at night. Safely. I would rate it 4.75 stars, with the only "issue" being that I was in between sizes. This is a personal problem, more than likely. I can't fathom spending 3 times the price for a Shoei, especially when the shelf life is only a few years, and, really, the only differences are designs, noise level, and fitting. They have the same protection ratings (DOT and SNELL). I absolutely love this helmet. I rarely write reviews, unless I'm ticked off about a product, but this was so great that I had to let shoppers be aware. Lastly, as far as Helmet City is concerned, shipping was quick. Payment was good. Everything was included in my package (including the original visor). Website is helpful. Prices are very competitive. This was the only website that offered Scorpion's new (at the time) Impact Red EXO-400. I'll definitely refer back to Helmet City on my next purchase. Good luck in choosing your helmet.