- Product Description
- Customer Reviews
- Inner Ankle Brace System: Several key objectives for the development team working on the Tech 10 became apparent. The first was to improve the performance of the boot's safety structure. Existing Alpinestars boots have ankle protection and support built inside their construction. To improve on the concept, bringing protection closer to the body, a new inner brace was developed. Having discarded the use of a single hinge boot system, (a concept Alpinestars had developed and patented designs for in the mid-80's, but never adopted because of excessive stress put on the knee) a revolutionary solution was developed. Using some of the lessons learned in the company's road racing program, where the Alpinestars Supertech boot leads the way with its unique torsion bar ankle support, the new MX brace features a patented double-hinged assembly. However, the Tech 10 brace shares no common components with the Supertech version, besides the hard-compound torsion bars, have been designed specifically to cope with the particular demands of MX riding.
The double hinge joint allows upper and lower protective structures to protect the ankle and heel, while giving complete freedom, flexibility and feel to the rider by following the natural movements of the foot and ankle, with no constraint until the point of over extension. To give the rider the ability to further lessen stresses put on the knee, a major concern for many, a replaceable softer-material inner bar is included with the Tech 10. This allows the rider to customize the degree of ankle control and therefore the amount of possible stress transmitted to the knees when the boot gets into deep ruts etc. The system also minimizes the chances of sprains and twists, while also protecting the ankle from lateral impacts. It is comfortable to wear, extremely strong, stable and crucially, lightweight, which was the next objective identified for the Tech 8's successor.
- Revolutionary external structure features ultra low profile design to minimize weight at the lower section of the boot and upper design developed for controlled flexibility, streamlined profile and superior grip against the bike.
- Innovative biomechanical inner bootie provides the ultimate level of support and safety. Torsion bars control ankle and leg rotation, while allowing freedom of movement. Bootie structure features PU protection and shock absorbing padding on the heel and ankles and an ultra thin and flexible forefoot area for increased feeling of the controls. Perforated bootie is washable and replaceable.
- Lightweight upper combines full-grain leather with impact and abrasion resistant PU shell for unmatched levels of safety. PU guards the toes, foot, heel, ankle, calf and shin with extra hard compounds on the toe-box, heel and Achilles tendon.
- Innovative PU spine protects the heel, controls flex and features a hyperextension guard.
- Outer side of the boot features anti-torsion PU panel on the ankle for flexibility and support.
- Ultra comfortable and precision fit interior features new poly fabric lining with open cell foam and a shock absorbing shin pad.
- New and exclusive dual compound sole is seamlessly integrated to the multi-density foot base structure with built-in support.
- Sole provides superior durability, grip, feel and a high level of structural rigidity.
- Advanced closure system features 3 techno-polymer and aluminum buckles for easy adjustability with a precise, secure and streamlined fit.
- Buckles feature memory, a quick release/locking system and a self-aligning design for easy and precise closure. 3 buckle system works in conjunction with the entire internal structure to provide excellent support and flexibility.
- Inner side of the boot is designed for maximum grip against the bike from top to bottom and features PU panels for heat and abrasion resistance.
- New form fitting PU gasket seals water out of the boot.
- White model features airflow ventilation system.
Customer Reviews ()
Average Customer Rating: Not yet rated
Write a review and share your thoughts with others.