- Product Description
- Customer Reviews (1)
The SHOEI RF-1200 has achieved a new level in the reduction of wind noise. Through advancements in the aerodynamic shape, improved interior linings and a new and improved shield system, the rider will experience a very quiet and comfortable riding experience.
One of the most important features of a quality helmet is that you hardly know it’s there protecting your head. SHOEI has reduced the weight of the RF-1200 by using a slimmer design and building a distinct line into the side of the helmet that also serves as an accent. As a result, helmet in the current SHOEI lineup.
Light Weight Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell Construction
- Smaller, lighter yet stronger shell design; compact and aerodynamic, with attentio paid towards wind noise reduction without blocking road noises
- Four shell sizes ensure a custom fit
- Dual density EPS liner accommodates more compact design without compromising ventilation flow
- Includes breath guard and chin curtain
- Superior ventilation as a result of rigorous wind tunnel testing
- Large lower three-position vent, three upper vent intakes and four uniquely positioned upper exhaust outlet vents
3D Max-Dry System II Interior
- Center pad components are three-dimensionally shaped to match contours of the rider’s head, allowing comfortable fit while maintaining a firm hold for high-speed riding
- 3D-shaped cheek pads available in multiple thicknesses for a custom fit
- Max-Dry System II liner material quickly absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick-Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet
CWR-1 Shield System
- Shield features rib along the top and bottom to improve rigidity and eliminate bending from wind pressure during opening and closing
- Improved window beading features dual-layered dual lip construction that ensures a windproof and waterproof seal with every closure
- Locking mechanism easily engages the shield lock when fully closed
- Pinlock pins and lens insert included
- Spring-loaded base plates offer quick shield changes
- Five-stage rotating dial allows fine tuning the base plate for easy shield adjustments
Standard Chin-Strap Clip
- Neatly secures chin strap
- Standards: Snell-M2010, DOT
- Construction: AIM+ (Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus Multi-Ply)
- Weight: 3.46 lbs / 1570 grams (approx, based on size Medium Solid Color)
Customer Reviews (1)
Average Customer Rating:
Write a review and share your thoughts with others.
Reviewer: Herb Mertel (Hurst, Texas) 10.25.2013
Exceeds All Expectations!
I bought a FR-1100 at a local bike dealer about 18 months ago, An satisfactory product in all respects. I recently sold my CBR1000RR, CBR600RR, and Honda Superhawk, and last August I bought a new Kawasaki Z1000. After 20 years behind fairings, I was taking a major leap into "naked city"! In my new "raw" motorcycling environment, as good as the RF-1100 was performing, I began to wonder if the RF-1200 could make a noticeable improvement on certain environmental parameters. SHOEI has proven to me over the past 23 years that it lives up to it's hype, so I took a chance on what could have been an unnecessary purchase. I am pleased that I did! It is quieter with the vent system open than the 1100 is sealed shut. Vent action seems better. The face shield-to-helmet seal has been re engineered. and the face shield comes with a tinted anti-fog clip in/out accessory shield which mounts on the inner surface of the clear face shield. Face shield is both larger, and contains structural modifications. Minor helmet "creep" during severe (i.e. high speed) turbulence is absent, possibly due to reshaped (and emergency removable) cheek and jaw pads. All in all, a safer and more comfortable ride.