- Product Description
- Customer Reviews (1)
The SHOEI RF-1200 has achieved a new level in the reduction of wind noise. Through advancements in the aerodynamic shape, improved interior linings and a new and improved shield system, the rider will experience a very quiet and comfortable riding experience.
One of the most important features of a quality helmet is that you hardly know it’s there protecting your head. SHOEI has reduced the weight of the RF-1200 by using a slimmer design and building a distinct line into the side of the helmet that also serves as an accent. As a result, helmet in the current SHOEI lineup.
Light Weight Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell Construction
- Smaller, lighter yet stronger shell design; compact and aerodynamic, with attentio paid towards wind noise reduction without blocking road noises
- Four shell sizes ensure a custom fit
- Dual density EPS liner accommodates more compact design without compromising ventilation flow
- Includes breath guard and chin curtain
- Superior ventilation as a result of rigorous wind tunnel testing
- Large lower three-position vent, three upper vent intakes and four uniquely positioned upper exhaust outlet vents
3D Max-Dry System II Interior
- Center pad components are three-dimensionally shaped to match contours of the rider’s head, allowing comfortable fit while maintaining a firm hold for high-speed riding
- 3D-shaped cheek pads available in multiple thicknesses for a custom fit
- Max-Dry System II liner material quickly absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick-Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet
CWR-1 Shield System
- Shield features rib along the top and bottom to improve rigidity and eliminate bending from wind pressure during opening and closing
- Improved window beading features dual-layered dual lip construction that ensures a windproof and waterproof seal with every closure
- Locking mechanism easily engages the shield lock when fully closed
- Pinlock pins and lens insert included
- Spring-loaded base plates offer quick shield changes
- Five-stage rotating dial allows fine tuning the base plate for easy shield adjustments
Standard Chin-Strap Clip
- Neatly secures chin strap
- Standards: Snell-M2010, DOT
- Construction: AIM+ (Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus Multi-Ply)
- Weight: 3.46 lbs / 1570 grams (approx, based on size Medium Solid Color)
Customer Reviews (1)
Average Customer Rating:
Write a review and share your thoughts with others.
Reviewer: Brandon Smithey (Knoxville, Tennessee) 2.5.2014
I just started using the RF-1200. I purchased it as a replacement for my RF-600 (14 year old helmet). So, the improvements are pretty significant. It is a much lighter helmet with much improved airflow. I ride a Harley FXD, but I am a huge proponent of rider safety. Hence, the full-face helmet. I chose matte black for the color...it is very sharp!! I will be a bit more challenging to keep clean that a glossy color, but it will be worth it. I would recommend this helmet without hesitation.