- Product Description
- Customer Reviews (2)
Quiet, composite shell for comfortable riding with the Scorpion EXO-500
With an enhanced ventilation system, the Scorpion EXO-500 helmet is comfortable for sport and street riding. The fit of the Scorpion EXO-500 helmet is great and has such features as a hinge that pulls the shield against a weather sealed gasket for better weatherproofing. Standard from the factory with a no-fog faceshield, the Scorpion EXO-500 Ardent Green helmet is the clear choice. It’s fully adjustable with a removable liner and cheek pads that can be inflated for a custom fit. With a hassle-free shield that can be removed in seconds, it’s no wonder that riders prefer the Scorpion EXO-500 helmet.
- ECE 22.05/DOT Certified.
- Polycarbonate Composite Shell - Quiet, aero-tuned design for wind-tunnel tested comfort. EPS-lined chin bar for additional protection.
- AirFit permits a rider to personalize helmet fit through air adjustable cheek pads.
- SpeedView an internal retractable light smoke sun visor that eases eye strain instantly in varying light conditions without changing face shields, plus an EverClear coating on both sides for a fog free ride.
- SpeedShift quick-change shield system (patent pending): Easy, secure tool-less faceshield changes in ten seconds or less.
- EverClear no-fog faceshield: Optically-correct shield with state-of-the art fog-free technology and anti-scratch hardened coating.
- KwikWickII moisture-wicking helmet liner and cheek pads: Breathable, anti-bacterial, anti-order, with a softer touch also easily removable and washable.
- Ventilation system: front and rear vents with aero-tuned rear spoiler, create vacuum and maximize airflow through helmet.
- Breath-deflector: Enhanced fog-free performance.
- Sizes: XS-3XL
Customer Reviews (2)
Average Customer Rating:
Write a review and share your thoughts with others.
Reviewer: Jeff Hug (Saint Charles, MO) 12.5.2013
Nice helmet, but loud in upright position.
This helmet is definitely a big bang for your buck (pros and cons below). I exchanged this helmet for the exo-1100 as the 500 was too loud and had too much buffeting for the upright position. The exchange was painless, but I did have to pay return shipping. This is understandable though and I don't have a problem with this. By the time they received my exchange they were out of the exo-1100 I wanted to exchange it for, but they actually let me choose a more expensive 1100 (matte black) instead. The matte black is awesome. It's not true matte, but I like it even better than a true matte. Exo-500 Pros: - Great price for a great helmet. - Good looking helmet. - Great airflow. - Internal sun visor (comes with light smoke, so you may want to buy dark smoke with the helmet). - Inflatable cheek pads for custom fit (not a gimmick, it really helps if between sizes). - I like that you can use the "lock" for a cracked position. - Not too heavy. - Good chin curtain. Exo-500 Cons: - Visor is said to be fog free. While it's definitely fog free, it doesn't disperse the moisture good enough to keep a lot of condensation blurring your view. In my opinion this is worse than fog. I will try a fog city application. - If riding in an upright position this helmet is very loud and has a lot of buffeting even with the vents closed. - Internal sun visor is a bit of a pain to change. It's easy with a second person to help, but extremely difficult by yourself. - I have difficulty with the speed shift visor. I can get the shield off easily, but when putting the shield back on it's difficult for me to get the second side locked on (regardless of which side I put on first). This just may take some practice though. - Shield lock doesn't actually lock the shield. Just makes it more difficult to raise. Shouldn't cause a problem though and the shield seems to sit against the gasket tightly. My ride: 2006 Suzuki Boulevard C90 with a windshield.
Reviewer: Doug C (Houston, TX) 10.18.2013
Great color and design