- Product Description
- Customer Reviews (4)
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel and professional riders feedback
- Dual Layer EPS liner enhances impact absorption and ventilation
- Five shell and six EPS liner sizes present increased fit options that help to comfortably fit most head sizes
- Molded air spoiler to reduce drag and lift as well as diminish weight pressure on the neck while riding at high speeds
- Upper Air Intake Vent is positioned to maximize air volume into the helmet interior
- Large upper intake vent positioned to maximize performance in high wind conditions
- Easy to operate large lower intake vent
- Lower air intake/defroster vent reduces shield fogging and increases ventilation
- The rear/neck outlets allow for effective air exhaust
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
- Lightweight Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+)
- High performance fiber materials are combined with extremely elastic organic fibers to create a shell structure that is ultra lightweight, rigid and resilient
- 3-D center pad and multi-layered, polyurethane foam cheek pads
- Cheek pads are replaceable or removable for maintenance
- Eyeglass compatible interior
- Neatly secures chin strap
- Q.R.S.A. (Quick-Release Self-Adjusting) base plate allows for tool-less shield removal and installation.
- The spring-loaded base plate (U.S. patent pending 11/799935) pulls the shield back to contact the window beading evenly and ensures a proper seal
- The CW-1, three-dimensionally curved shield is both wider and taller than the CX-1V it replaces
- Optional, CWF-1 two-dimensional Pinlock equipped racing shields with tear-off posts are available
- Scratch-resistant coating
- 99.9% protection from harmful UV A & B rays
- Optional, CW-1 Pinlock prepared shields are available to accommodate Pinlock Fog Free Inserts
- A pre-set lever can easily lock the shield in place to prevent the shield from opening unexpectedly, as well as prop the shield open to increase airflow
- Standards: Snell-M2010, DOT
- Construction: AIM+ (Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus Multi Fiber)
- Weight: 3.644 lbs / 1,653 grams (approx, for Size Medium Solid Color)
- Packaging: Individually wrapped, bagged and boxed, 6 per master carton
Customer Reviews (4)
Average Customer Rating:
Write a review and share your thoughts with others.
Reviewer: Julia (Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA) 12.24.2012
I will forever recommend you guys as I purchased the wrong color and it was so easy to return and receive the correct one!
Reviewer: Marion (, ) 7.18.2012
As usual, Shoei was the best fit for my head. Very comfortable, light and quiet (size small). Got XS cheek pads to make fit perfect, easy to change. Ventilation is acceptable, not extraordinary. Some fogging occurs during cold mornings. Opening visor to the first position fixes that, but makes helmet more noisy. Not really noticeable with earplugs. My only gripe is with Shoei, not the helmet itself; why are the multicolored / painted helmets so expensive? I want visibility and a nice looking helmet, and not have to pay $500 for it! I added some flame decals on this one - looks pretty sharp.
Reviewer: Sam Nunn (Indianapolis, IN) 2.3.2012
2011 Shoei Qwest Helmet
I purchased a Shoei Qwest helmet at the start of the 2011 riding season, around March 2011. While, as advertised, it is a quieter version than other Shoei helmets I've owned (about 3 previous helmets), it turned out to be far inferior to the 2005 RF1000 I was replacing. The Qwest helmet faceguard remained loose and noisy, even after I made appropriate adjustments for sealing. And if quieter, the Qwest helmet is much hotter than the RF1000; the latter has a much preferable and more effective ventilation system. Finally, the Qwest visor continued to fog up despite airflow and sealing adjustments and multiple applications of antifogging agents. I went back to my 5 year old RF1000. Next stop: a new RF1000. Anybody want a used Qwest?