- Product Description
- Customer Reviews (5)
The Shoei Qwest Passage Black helmet boasts revolutionary noise-reduction technology, unsurpassed long-distance comfort, advanced ventilation performance a light-weight, balanced fit and feel all backed by over fifty years of Shoei's helmet-building experience. Enjoy the improved performance and quality build of a Shoei Qwest Passage helmet.
Touring has never been more fun or enjoyable with the Shoei Qwest helmet!
Aerodynamic Shell System
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel and professional riders feedback
- High performance fiber materials are combined with extremely elastic organic fibers to create a shell structure that is ultra lightweight, rigid and resilient
- Five shell and six EPS liner sizes present increased fit options that help to comfortably fit most head sizes
- M2010 Snell approved AIM+ SHELL
- shell integrated spoiler eliminating the need for a plastic one
- Molded air spoiler to reduce drag and lift as well as diminish weight pressure on the neck while riding at high speeds
- Upper Air Intake Vent is positioned to maximize air volume into the helmet interior
- Large upper intake vent positioned to maximize performance in high wind conditions
- Easy to operate large lower intake vent
- Lower air intake/defroster vent reduces shield fogging and increases ventilation
- The rear/neck outlets allow for effective air exhaust
- overall noise reduction of 2.2 decibels
Interior Comfort System
- Dual Layer EPS liner enhances impact absorption and ventilation
- dual liner allows cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels within the EPS
- 3D center pads to match the contour of riders' head
- fully removable, washable and replaceable multi-layer cheek pads
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
- Eyeglass compatible interior
- Neatly secures chin strap
Shield & QRSA System
- The CW-1, three-dimensionally curved shield is both wider and taller than the CX-1V it replaces
- Optional, CWF-1 two-dimensional Pinlock equipped racing shields with tear-off posts are available
- Optional, CW-1 Pinlock prepared shields are available to accommodate Pinlock Fog Free Inserts
- A pre-set lever can easily lock the shield in place to prevent the shield from opening unexpectedly, as well as prop the shield open to increase airflow
- 99% protection from harmful UV A & B rays
- Scratch-resistant coating
- Q.R.S.A. (Quick-Release Self-Adjusting) base plate allows for tool-less shield removal and installation.
- The spring-loaded base plate (U.S. patent pending 11/799935) pulls the shield back to contact the window beading evenly and ensures a proper seal
- Spring-loaded base plate pulls the shield back to contact the window beading evenly and ensures a wind and waterproof seal
Customer Reviews (5)
Average Customer Rating:
Write a review and share your thoughts with others.
Reviewer: Anthony (Lilburn, GA) 11.8.2013
Just what I needed
As a former Marine and football player, i wore lots of other style helmets in my life. This one a very light and feels like quality. I'm a new rider and Shoei was recommended to me by long time riders. After 2 days I'm getting used to the cheek pads but may purchase smaller ones down the line. Also working to find the sweet-spot between venting and noise. Everything else is perfect.
Reviewer: Marion (, ) 7.18.2012
As usual, Shoei was the best fit for my head. Very comfortable, light and quiet (size small). Got XS cheek pads to make fit perfect, easy to change. Ventilation is acceptable, not extraordinary. Some fogging occurs during cold mornings. Opening visor to the first position fixes that, but makes helmet more noisy. Not really noticeable with earplugs. My only gripe is with Shoei, not the helmet itself; why are the multicolored / painted helmets so expensive? I want visibility and a nice looking helmet, and not have to pay $500 for it! I added some flame decals on this one - looks pretty sharp.
Reviewer: Dave Winston (Dexter, Michigan) 2.1.2012
Shoei Qwest helmet review
I read a test in magazine, (it was highly rated). I agree with it's comfort, noise control and engineering being just outstanding!