- Product Description
- Customer Reviews (7)
Touring has never been more fun or enjoyable with the Shoei Qwest helmet!
With better peripheral vision, Shoei Qwest helmets feature an anti-fog shield meant for riding in any conditions. Made with a slightly rounder shape, the Shoei Qwest anthracite helmet has large vents to increase performance during windy conditions. This helmet is Snell 2010 Approved and is rigid, made with high performance materials. Enjoy the improved performance and quality build of the Shoei Qwest helmet!
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel and professional riders feedback
- Dual Layer EPS liner enhances impact absorption and ventilation
- Five shell and six EPS liner sizes present increased fit options that help to comfortably fit most head sizes
- Molded air spoiler to reduce drag and lift as well as diminish weight pressure on the neck while riding at high speeds
- Upper Air Intake Vent is positioned to maximize air volume into the helmet interior
- Large upper intake vent positioned to maximize performance in high wind conditions
- Easy to operate large lower intake vent
- Lower air intake/defroster vent reduces shield fogging and increases ventilation
- The rear/neck outlets allow for effective air exhaust
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
- Lightweight Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+)
- High performance fiber materials are combined with extremely elastic organic fibers to create a shell structure that is ultra lightweight, rigid and resilient
- 3-D center pad and multi-layered, polyurethane foam cheek pads
- Cheek pads are replaceable or removable for maintenance
- Eyeglass compatible interior
- Neatly secures chin strap
- Q.R.S.A. (Quick-Release Self-Adjusting) base plate allows for tool-less shield removal and installation.
- The spring-loaded base plate (U.S. patent pending 11/799935) pulls the shield back to contact the window beading evenly and ensures a proper seal
- The CW-1, three-dimensionally curved shield is both wider and taller than the CX-1V it replaces
- Optional, CWF-1 two-dimensional Pinlock equipped racing shields with tear-off posts are available
- Scratch-resistant coating
- 99.9% protection from harmful UV A & B rays
- Optional, CW-1 Pinlock prepared shields are available to accommodate Pinlock Fog Free Inserts
- A pre-set lever can easily lock the shield in place to prevent the shield from opening unexpectedly, as well as prop the shield open to increase airflow
- Standards: Snell-M2010, DOT
- Construction: AIM+ (Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus Multi Fiber)
- Weight: 3.644 lbs / 1,653 grams (approx, for Size Medium Solid Color)
- Packaging: Individually wrapped, bagged and boxed, 6 per master carton
Customer Reviews (7)
Average Customer Rating:
Write a review and share your thoughts with others.
Reviewer: Sean (Atglen, PA) 8.23.2012
High Shoei quality
I got this helmet as a replacement for one I really wanted, I am happy that I did. This helmet FEELS like quality. I got another helmet, of another brand (it was on sale, and for someone else) and wore it once, instantly I could tell the difference, it just felt cheap. The Shoei is light, comfortable and just feels like a helmet should feel. I've always held the philosophy "If you have a $10 head buy a $10 helmet. As I said this helmet just feels like quality. With all that said I do have a couple little qualms. With the shield up there is too much wind noise, nothing real bad but it is noticeable. The other thing is that with the shield down and with the temp at the low end of the spectrum, at night, and at lower speeds the ventilation system is not as good as it could be, the shield fogs up a little until you reach about 35 to 40 MPH then it works flawlessly. I can't even make the shield get fogged up. I would recommend this helmet.
Reviewer: Marion (, ) 7.18.2012
As usual, Shoei was the best fit for my head. Very comfortable, light and quiet (size small). Got XS cheek pads to make fit perfect, easy to change. Ventilation is acceptable, not extraordinary. Some fogging occurs during cold mornings. Opening visor to the first position fixes that, but makes helmet more noisy. Not really noticeable with earplugs. My only gripe is with Shoei, not the helmet itself; why are the multicolored / painted helmets so expensive? I want visibility and a nice looking helmet, and not have to pay $500 for it! I added some flame decals on this one - looks pretty sharp.
Reviewer: Mike (Anchorage , Ak) 1.31.2012
I had to buy this helmet at the start of a 6 week motorcycle trip because after 2 days of riding I realized my Shoei RF1100 was to big after loosing a lot of weight. I had it shipped to some people I knew we where going to stay with. I got it and road the remaining 5 weeks with the helmet. This helmet is great super quiet and comfortable. The only problem I have with it is there is not enough venting. You really start to notice it above 90. I rode in 100 degree temps going through Phoenix this fall and I had to ride the entire time with my visor open. That was the only thing I didn't like about the Qwest compared to the RF1100. That very same 100 degree day we did 1000 miles in 1 day and temps got down to 33 degrees in Northern NV and my face and head stayed warm. Overall great touring help and great price.