- Product Description
- Customer Reviews (2)
Arai Corsair V Five Full Face Helmet
The Corsair is Arai's flagship model. An Arai helmet is not the product of compromise, of a "profit" point, or a board of directors. An Arai helmet is the product of obsession, an ongoing obsession to design and build the best helmets possible. This year Arai took the Corsair V Replica helmets to a new level. With several new features, you'll see why the world's best wear the Arai Corsair V Helmet.
- Newly designed shell with Hyper-Ridge around the bottom enhances shell strength while providing a larger bottom opening
- Larger bottom opening promotes ease of putting on and taking off the helmet
- Peripheral belting across the forehead area of the shell enhances structural integrity while maintaining flexibility, low weight and shell size
- Larger upper vent tabs make operating the vents easier even with thick winter gloves
- New Arai "SAI" shield with Super AdSis shield system
- New "SAI" shield is 5mm longer in each side and provides a wider field of view
- New "SAI" shield and base plates are exclusive to Corsair V helmets
- Latest generation of Dry Cool line has a new silver-grey color
- Rear mounting straps are slightly re-positioned exclusively to the Corsair V
- Neckroll is removable and has additional exhaust channels to remove interior heat
- Cheek pads have the exclusive Emergency Release Tab feature
- Newly designed side exhaust cowls exhaust heat as well as add lateral stability at speed
- Enhanced air inlets of the new DF-9 diffuser increase airflow efficiency
- Brow vents now duct air into the temple area and out the side vents for maximum cooling
- Exclusive AirWing provides unprecedented aerodynamic performance with 5 distinct positions
According to reviews on Web Bike World of the new Arai Corsair Five V: "The new Corsair V is an evolution of the RX-7, one of the most popular motorcycle racing helmets ever made. It should satisfy Arai fans everywhere.This Corsair V exhibits excellent overall quality, with paint, fittings and finish all nearly flawless. It's a very well made helmet and the quality is there. I'll give the Arai Corsair V an 'Outstanding' rating for overall quality."
Customer Reviews (2)
Average Customer Rating:
Write a review and share your thoughts with others.
Reviewer: Brian C. (Chicago, IL) 8.11.2014
Top of the Line
This is my second Corsair V, and it is a great helmet. The fit and finish is second to none, and the attention to detail is clear in every aspect of the helmet. Vision is excellent with the wider visor opening, and the interior materials are pure luxury. I've ridden in very hot track day conditions for many hours, and the interior of the helmet stays fresh and dry throughout the day. Fit is perfect, race level snug fit that does not move regardless of speed or wind conditions. I feel very safe in this helmet. I unfortunately crashed in a previous Corsair V, and I can speak from experience -- the helmet took some serious hits, but I walked away like nothing even happened. Amazing level of protection, best helmet on the market.
Reviewer: Simon P. (, ) 6.19.2009
This is an exceptional helmet.
I think this helmet is superb. It’s an outstanding fit in the way of comfort, with a nicely constructed and comfortable liner. It also feels slightly less oval to me which will probably fit more people’s heads. The design itself, the paint and color and vent detailing, is great and looks very expensive. The vents (and there are a lot of vents, including for exhaust) really differentiate it from some of the other Arai models (like the Quantum 2), which I also like. I’ve been wearing mine for about two months and it’s only starting to get warm now, but so far I find the airflow to be perfect and easy to control. This is an exceptional helmet.