The Helmet City, Inc. Safe Shopping Guarantee
The Helmet City, Inc. Safe Shopping Guarantee protects you while you shop at Helmet City, Inc.., so that you never have to worry about credit card safety. Period. We guarantee that every transaction you make at Helmet City, Inc. will be safe. This means that you pay nothing if unauthorized charges are made to your card as a result of shopping at Helmet City, Inc.
- Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50 of fraudulent charges. If your bank does hold you liable for any of this $50, Helmet City, Inc. will cover the entire liability for you, up to the full $50. Helmet City, Inc. will cover this liability only if the unauthorized use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made at Helmet City, Inc. while using the secure server.
- In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Helmet City, Inc. Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Helmet City, Inc. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Helmet City, Inc. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at Helmet City, Inc. if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Helmet City, Inc. if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify us by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Helmet City, Inc.'s coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does Helmet City, Inc. Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling information about our customers to others. We share customer information only with the subsidiaries Helmet City, Inc. controls and as described below.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that Helmet City, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Helmet City, Inc.: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Helmet City, Inc., our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using GeoTrust certified Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We transmit the entire credit card number securely to Authorize.net during order processing. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Choices Do I Have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase. You may also choose to not receive our newsletter during checkout. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify us by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Helmet City, Inc., and it is your responsibility to review them for changes. The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. The Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site, Site Seeing on the Internet.
Helmet City, Inc. does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Helmet City, Inc. only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Helmet City, Inc., your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at Helmet City, Inc., please send us a thorough description to [email protected], and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes.
Fraud Prevention Statement
Helmet City, Inc. is concerned with the protection and privacy of all of our customers. To ensure your online shopping experience is the best it can be we have implemented procedures to safeguard against fraud. To protect our customers from the high price of fraud, Helmet City, Inc. reserves the right to verify any order for fraud prevention purposes. This may result in delays to Next Day and 2nd Day Air orders. All orders will be researched within 24 hours. If we are unable to verify order information within 48 hours, the order will be cancelled. Helmet City, Inc. is working to protect our customers from the high cost of fraud so that we can continue to provide a large inventory of competitively priced products and a positive online shopping experience for you, our customer.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at [email protected]
- Motorcycle Gear
- Motorcycle Helmets
- Motorcycle Jackets
- New Releases
- Best Selling Helmets
- Fall Gear Collection
- New Year's Specials
- Some of Our Favorites
- Contests and Promotions
- Snowmobile Helmets
- Snowmobile Jackets
- Snow Mitts
- Snow Gloves
- Snowmobile Boots
- Snow Bibs and Pants
- Snow Heated Apparel
- Snow Goggles
- Snowboard/Ski Helmets
- Snow Helmet Shields
- Men's Sale
- Women's Sale
- Full Face Helmets
- Off Road Helmets
- Open Face Helmets
- Flip-Up Helmets
- HJC Helmets
- Arai Helmets
- Shoei Helmets
- Scorpion Helmets
- Weekly Specials
- Icon Helmets